Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Of Scare-y Details.

I've had the priviledge of having my own office in uni, because of a passing conversation with the course coordinator talking about how far I live from uni (well, it's about 40 bus stops away - an hour and a half by bus that is non-express). And they decided to give me an office complete with a computer, unlimited internet access, and a printer so I can do my work whilst I am in uni! :)

Today I went earlier to return the keys to the office.. because.. I'm finishing uni in 5 days!!! :D

Cleared my Oscar mug, packet of coffee, ginger biscuits, KohKae peanuts, scrap paper.. and contemplated stuffing a whole stack of unused A4 paper in my bag. But then I thought, 'Nahhhh.. I shouldn't be such a cheapskate..'.

So off I went to see Ottaline and passed her my keys and said a very cheery "Goodbye!".

She asked if I finished, and she was surprised that I have. I smiled widely and said "Yes! I'm done next Monday!". And walked (skipped) out of Sturt campus.

10 minutes later, Ottaline called me on my mobile. Urgent matters.

"Hi Esther, I realized that.. you actually haven't.. finished. There's something wrong with your enrolment. Come see me as soon as you can."

...

Jaw dropped.

Heart stopped.

Eyes flopped.

...

Apparently, I'm 3 credits short of graduating.

Aaaahhh. I knew it would happen! After I was so cautious about picking my subjects at the beginning of my term - not wanting to do anything I wasn't interested in.

3 credits short! Means I might have to stay for another semester to make up for the 3 credits!

Raced off to see Ottaline once I was done with lectures, and she sat me down calmly.

I was going to pounce on her in anticipation of a solution to get me out of the situation.

She proceeded to ask if I've got any work experience in the area.

Skipped through the many thoughts in the brain and finally remembered I did work with two boys who had autism for a year and a half.

"Done!" Ottaline said. "We'll give you credits for that. Because your student visa will expire, wouldn't it? It doesn't have to go through any other authorities, just drop us an email about what you've done, and we'll approve it as 3 credit hours."

...

Aaahhh. What a scare! To think that I will have to slog through another semester of hardwork when I'm THIS close to the finish line!

As I was driving home.. it linked!

I remember praying for a job in the area of disabilities, so I can gain much needed work experience in the area whilst studying the theories. And I remember God providing two very lovely families which I worked with for a year and a half.

And the very opportunity to work in BIRCH for 2 months would add weight to my very much needed 3 credit hours.

None of which I had to pay for.

Without which, I'd have to stay back for another term.

And I'm humbled at how He can weave such details together. Details of what I like doing, what I want to do, what I needed to have, and what would happen 2 years down the road..

It's scare-y how details is such a God-thing.

Especially when I've been such a frantic about finishing uni and not knowing what kinda job I'll land myself into. That He'd have to catch my attention in this way.

What a not-so-gentle reminder that if He provided that very specific job I needed to get past this 3-unit ordeal, He'll be able to do so for the next step of my journey.

Thanks, You. I'm awed. Again.

1 comment:

teemortai said...

Yes, He shall land you the job that would effect great change in the lives of many. Indeed.

Post a Comment