Friday, April 17, 2009

I Don't Know.

I remember being in the car, driving home from Mama's house one night.. and I cleverly asked my two kid siblings (at that time)..

Me: You know how to spell 'intelligence' or not? Huh?

Kid siblings: Er.. er.. *gibberish attempts to spell the very-hard-word*

Me: Haha. Like that also dunno.. I-N-T-E-L-L-I-G-E-N-C-E lah.

Woot. And that was attempt no. 1094833284861 to show off that I was smarter than them.

--

And then came the teenage years where.. well, teenagers.. just know.. everything..

You just don't understand how I feel! *wails in tears and stomps off to my room*

Heh. As if they really didn't.

Now, those were the days when parents were the uncoolest things on earth. Because they either:
  1. Didn't wear the right clothes.
  2. Didn't drive the right coloured cars - my dad drove a bright red Volvo, and my mum, a pale blue Proton.. Don't know where to hide face..
  3. Didn't say the right things - like.. "Eh boy, what is your number? I ask my daughter she dowan to give me.."
  4. They still wanted to hold your hand in supermarkets!!
  5. Well.. 'nuff said ;)
--

And now.

In university you spend 3 years on a particular topic. Some that make you laugh whenyou first hear about it. Like for example.. Geology.

...

Kid: Mummy, when I grow up.. I wana become a geologist.

Mum: Oh, alright. What does a geologist do, son?

Kid: They study rocks! :)

Mum: *death stare* NNOOOO-OO-Ooo-oo *(echoes follow suit)*

...

Heh. And by the way, did you know some universities offer courses on Facebook? Woot. How many of us will ace that, I wonder.

The past couple of years have been a journey of learning how to say "I don't know". And sometimes, that just does not click with the ego factor.

Sometimes I find myself frantically trying to find an answer, the right words..

..especially in matters concerning my faith.

And I have learnt that, the moment I say "I know" to everything, is the moment I really don't know..

And the more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know.

Sometimes, "I don't know" will suffice.

And "I don't know" at other times.. can be a turn on ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo.

well said. well said.

so much reality in it.

=)

dbcheam said...

Woah...got course on Facebook...so what will the title be? BFb(hons)?

Ardor said...

There is a university that offers people to major in valet parking. Sounds sweet.

Post a Comment