Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Human Capital Development Plan of Malaysia - A Rakyat's Point of View

Hi there,

I'm a student, currently studying overseas and one of my topics this semester required me to look up Malaysia's development policies. Have never been one who thought much about politics and policies until now.

Looking up the Ninth Malaysia Plan drawn up to move Malaysia toward Wawasan 2020, one of it's main efforts is for Human Capital Development. Upon more curiosity, I decided to read up on this Human Capital Development plan (found on the PM's official website). Amongst the many focuses of this plan is its focus on politics. And it has a sole focus - that is for the creation of Malay leaders who are skilled, respected, admired, and trusted.

I am writing to you to voice my opinion over what's written in our official development policy. How many of us rakyats really take the time to read what our current leaders have planned for the country? How many of us have heard our leaders talking about racial integration and racial equity without reading what's written black and white on government policies for development?

I am not championing a cause of any particular race - because I believe that this upcoming generation should be taught to see beyond skin colour. If we truly want to see our country develop, why not put aside our selfish wants for ourselves and our particular race?

The generations before us have told us that we are the leaders of tomorrow. But what's being invested in us to be Malaysia's future leaders? Why the racial discrimination? Aren't we all Anak Bangsa Malaysia?

Having read the above plans and policies of our government, I know not who to turn. And where to go to voice out for my generation of young people.

If this is not the right place to voice an opinion, I'll keep trying for other avenues.

--
A Malaysian Rakyat.

No comments:

Post a Comment