Friday, May 8, 2009

May 7, 2009

The fingers itch to type again.

Dad will freak out if he does check out this blog. Mum's friend's daughter was interrogated by the police for seditious writings on her blog. But well, we're not going there today. (But hey, since when have we become so afraid of saying what we really think, hey?)

Yesterday was.. I don't even have the right adjective to describe it. I sat in front of my laptop the whole day, no, not doing my assignment as I am supposed to.. but waiting for minute-updates of what is happening in Perak. Even signed up for Twitter just to receive the MalaysianInsider updates. It was so hard to contain all the emotions within me.. with no one to turn to or scream at. The dear friend in Ipoh can only giggle at what I was frustrated at. Ish you ;)

Having been recently making the conscious effort to catch up on politics in Malaysia, I've been spending hours (literally) in the mornings reading up on what's happening in Malaysia. Maklumlah.. dah nak balik kampung, kan?

If you do catch up on Malaysian news, you know that after reading it, you will feel worse off than before. Guaranteed.

To watch in action leaders fighting physically over what was meant to be (or what could turn out to be) a peaceful discussion really made me think. And made something in me tick.

The hours of morning news that I read is then countered by reading what happens in biblical times.. and learning about their political system.

Hey, it's valid, okay? Joseph was the Prime Minister, Samson and Samuel were judges, Saul, David, and Solomon were kings, and Esther was well.. the Queen :) Even the prophets were involved in politics - by being the kings' conscience.

And it has been an eye opener thus far.

It has been encouraging, knowing that a major part of the Old Testament was about politics, in today's terms. And to know that God when He said He's the King of kings and the Lord of lords - meant what He said.

But to see how in being a leader, their ups were all related to one common thing: God's position in their lives..

And their downs were also related to similar things: the craving for power, the influence of bad-unedifying relationships, and greed for more.

And I cringed at the thought that I too am faced by the same things the kings faced that brought them down.

I wonder what I will be able to do when I get back. And where to start this looonnnnggggg journey.

Ps. Jon on Sunday said this..

It's not our place to add the super and the extra to the natural and the ordinary.

I cannot agree more. We're called to be who we are. The natural, and the ordinary.

And when we pair up with the Super and the Extra from up above, that's when things start to happen :)

May 7, 2009. How it all turned Black. I'll remember that day. And I'll pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment